Want to Host a Portrait Party?
Be a Host. Get a free session!
Portrait parties bring together friends and family for affordable professional portraits taken in a relaxed, natural environment.
These sessions give everyone a custom portrait experience with Joy Photography without the larger investment of a full custom session.
Portrait Parties are great for people who:
* are on a budget but still want professional photos taken of their children or themselves.
* need updated photos of their kiddos.
* have always wanted to try a “themed” session.
* want a fun way to bond with girlfriends
What is a Portrait Party?
A portrait party is an event hosted in your home or a near by location (parks are great!) where Joy Photography will take professional portraits for you and your friends in 20 minute mini-sessions.
How do they work?
Portrait Parties are hosted by one person who provides the location, coordinates the guest list, schedules the sessions in 20 minute intervals and collects the fees. Hostess get a free photo session and 8×10 Fine Art Print for hosting a Joy Photography Portrait Party. In addition, you receive a $10 print credit for every person who commits (10 guests = $100!)
Each guest pays a reduced-rate portrait fee which includes the following (note: Hosts get all this free!):
- One 20 minute custom photo session
- 6-8 digitally enhanced photos with copyright release form
- One 8×10 Fine Art Print
- 15% off on a future photography session from Joy Photography
*For Women Only Portrait Party =$100/person (portrait or Bonjour) ; Children Portrait Party =$100/person (siblings only $25 extra); Belly Portrait Party =$100/guest
Sign me up!
First, make out a potential guest list. We require at least 5 people to participate in the parties with a maximum of 15. Discuss dates with your guests to see which dates will work best for all of you. Think of the best location (Spring & Summer sunshine make parks and backyards work lovely). Once your date is set you can put together an invitation how ever you would like- by postal, using evites or by creating an event on Facebook .
Things to think about…
It’s All About FUN
Encourage your guests to bring hats, fairy wings, princess crowns, wonder-woman & superman outfits, bubbles, hula-hoops and any other props that they would like to use to make their photos memorable of their child’s unique stage of life.
Play with Themes
As wide open as your imagination! Here are some suggestions:
- Father’s Day gifts & Mother’s Day gifts
- Princesses & Pirates
- Tea Party
- Holidays (Christmas, Easter, 4th of July)
Tips for a Successful Host
- Have snacks (it keeps the little ones busy who are waiting for their turn). You can provide snacks yourself or do it potluck style have have everyone bring a little something to share.
- Schedule your guests’ sessions 20 min apart. Schedule them consecutively so there aren’t any gaps (i.e. 10, 10:20, 10:40, etc). Let your guests know they aren’t required to stay the whole time.
- Follow up with your guests with reminders
The only monies you are responsible for collecting is the initial fee ($100/guest). Please let guests know they may pay in cash or check (note: checks MUST be made out to Joy Photography). If guest want to order more prints, you can let them know they can order directly from me. And remember: As a hostess, you receive one 20 minute session complimentary along with an 8×10 Fine Art Print. In addition, you receive a $10 print credit for every person who commits (10 guests = $100!)
Thank you for your interest in being a Joy Photography Portrait Party host! Once you have a date picked out, email me right away!